Whenever one wishes to redesign the kitchen, they usually give a great deal of thought to the material that kitchen countertops and the table are made of. And for good reason – since here is where people eat and prepare their meals, and therefore the environment needs to be clean and easy to use.
Preferences are wide and many, which is why we will try to give a few tips on the materials one can use to create their perfect kitchen appearance with the help of a few inspiring countertops. You can choose between:
- Soapstone counters – although quite expensive (up to a hundred dollars per square foot) they are worth the effort, since they are durable and do not stain, as well as antibacterial. With this material as a kitchen countertop, you can be sure that your family will be healthier and why not, happier;
- Granite countertops – one of the most popular choices on the market, since they have it all: appearance, a multitude of choices when it comes to colors and unique grains, very resistant and durable; granite does not chip, scratch or blister and gives off a royal aura when properly cleaned and polished, in a word, every cook’s dream;
- Plastic laminate kitchen counters – being cheap, they come in various finishes yet they are miles off when it comes to durability; as opposed to granite countertops, who can be a lifetime investment, plastic laminate counters may be gentler with your pocket when making the purchase, but they will reach the end of their lifespan quicker than you would have probably wanted and expected;
- Concrete countertops – really expensive (one square foot can reach a hundred dollars or more); they are resistant, yet they can get small hairline cracks and the result will not be desirable;
- Stainless steel counters – for someone who loves to cook and does not care for the frequent fingerprints or scratches left on these countertops, they can be a great option, as they do not stain, nor are they sensitive to heat and they are easy to clean. For this reason, stainless steel is preferred by restaurant owners and those who make cooking into a profession;
- Wood kitchen counters – for those who prefer a rustic look, it is the perfect way to add some soul to your kitchen, provided that the material has been properly sealed and installed;
- Marble countertops – at the top of the price range, it gives off a classical aura for your kitchen and has a great patina in time; however, they can scratch easily, as well as maintain stains, which is why this material is preferred by homeowners who place greater importance on a kitchen’s aspect rather than full functionality;
- Cement and recycled glass countertops – they are more expensive than marble and their aspect and their finish gives off a unique personality for your kitchen, coming in various options and colors, as well as being known as a highly durable material.
Consider your options carefully before deciding on the perfect granite countertops Denver dealers offer for your kitchen.