Occupational safety and health is currently one of the most important and developed areas of employment and social affairs policy. This field is an integral part of the conception of the organization and development of the work processes and has the role to prevent the dysfunctions within the work system through specific measures and means, so that work can be carried out in conditions of maximum security and efficiency.
The ultimate goal of occupational safety and health is to protect the life, integrity and health of workers against the risks of injury and occupational disease that may occur at work.
The employer has the general obligation to ensure the security and to protect the health of the employees. Risk assessment aims to allow the employer to adopt appropriate prevention and protection measures, with reference to:
- occupational risk prevention
- employee training
- informing workers
- implementation of a management system that allows the effective application of the necessary measures
The assessment of the risks of accidents and occupational diseases must be structured so as to allow employees and persons responsible for labor protection:
- to identify existing hazards and to evaluate the risks associated with these hazards, in order to establish the measures intended to protect the health and ensure the safety of the employees, in accordance with the legal prescriptions;
- to assess the risks in order to optimally select, knowingly, the equipment, substances or chemical compounds used, as well as the arrangement and organization of work sites
- to verify whether the measures adopted are adequate
- to establish both the priorities for action and the opportunity to take additional measures, as a result of analyzing the conclusions of the risk assessment
- to confirm to employers, competent authorities, employees and/ or their representatives that all relevant factors, related to the work process, have been taken into account
- to ensure that prevention and protection measures, considered necessary and adopted on the basis of risk assessment, effectively contribute to the improvement of occupational safety and health
If you are located in Colorado, there should be no problem finding a company that offers health and safety programs Colorado instructional training. However, you will have to evaluate them and make sure they are licensed and offer valid certifications.
Other criteria to look for include the experience in the occupational work and safety field and the portfolio of the company. The more diversified the portfolio the more confident you can be that the service provider will offer you efficient help. Make sure that the company you choose has your field of activity listed in its portfolio, because you want a specialist in labor protection in the field of activity of your business.
The costs of hiring a company offering health and safety programs are also important to consider. If it practices the cheapest price on the market, then you might question the quality of its services, especially if it lacks a portfolio. On the other hand, if it practices the highest price, then it is again a question mark if the respective services actually are good enough to deserve the price.
Another important thing is how you communicate with the health and safety specialist. Poor communication from the beginning will lead to a poor quality long-term partnership.